Sunday, April 02, 2006

It’s Official – Good Bye!

In an earlier post I wrote Senator John McCain lamenting the fact that he had abandoned all of the qualities that had set him apart from other politicians and earned him the name Maverick. Well today, Crooks and Liars has a clip from today’s Meet the Press that just confirms my point. I guess I had to actually see the Senator in action before I could really be at peace with his complete transformation. I can now move on. Any admiration I had for him is just a memory now. He will never, ever get my vote. Wow, I never thought that someone like John McCain would jump in bed with the likes of Jerry Falwell, but alas he has, and alas I say good bye.

And on another note sort of related but not really, I could not help but notice that each time Senator McCain referred to Jerry Falwell as the Reverend, I found myself bristling. I don’t know why that is… Share

No comments: