Tuesday, May 16, 2006

We Are Home

We are back. It was a wonderful trip and a great break. My face actually hurts, I smiled so much.

For the most part my husband and I avoided even having the television on during the little bit of time we were in the hotel. We just wanted to focus on our son and his accomplishments and take a break from all news. Unfortunately, my husband did turn on the television once to see who won the Phoenix Suns/ Los Angeles Clippers game and in his search for a score he accidentally landed on CNN just in time for me to hear this:

I don't really believe those polls. I travel around the country. I see people, I see their responses to my husband. I see their response to me.

And this:

As I travel around the United States, I see a lot of appreciation for him. A lot of people come up to me and say, 'Stay the course'.

I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and I actually gagged. It was Laura Bush. I could not believe what I was hearing. She is as insulated and clueless as her husband. I don’t know why this got to me so much, but it did. How could these people be so out-of-touch?

Pitiful!

Hat tip and big thanks to Mu at Running Scared for having the same reaction I did. I don’t feel so alone now. Share

No comments: