Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sorry for the lack of posts lately.

My husband and I went to see Bill Maher last night. It was a great show and we really enjoyed it. I find his ability to make me laugh at things that normally make me so angry I could spit a real sanity saver right now. And though I don’t always agree with him, I find his straightforward, no-holds barred take on politics very refreshing and often painfully on the mark.

At one point in his routine he mentioned that he thinks many Americans are suffering from Bush “Fuck up Fatigue” and I am sure that is probably true. But for me it is more like Fury Fatigue, only I am beyond fatigue, I am exhausted. I am so tired of being angry. I am so tired of feeling hopeless. I am so tired of my insides churning. I am so tired of feeling pessimistic. I am so tired of being tired. And at times I feel myself slipping into a sort of sanity-saving numbness.

What worries me most though is that at some point apathy sets in and that is dangerous. We cannot afford to become apathetic now. I know it is no fun to walk around in a constant state of anger, but apathy will only guarantee us more of the same thing that is going on right now.

I know I have not been very good about posting lately. I had to take a break. I apologize for the absence. I am back now with a renewed sense of seething fury, a renewed sense of hope, and a renewed sense of determination. And I beg anyone who feels like giving up to please fight the impulse. We cannot afford to give up. We cannot afford to become apathetic. We cannot lose hope. We’re in the home stretch now. And to those who have not grown weary, please disregard the above pep talk, I am more or less just talking to myself anyway…

Share

No comments: