Friday, October 20, 2006

Did I tell you today what big hypocrites I think Republicans are?

At the risk of repeating myself, Republicans are hypocrites and they make me sick:

"You have to separate the marketing from the reality. The reality is, these members are not homophobic. For the most part, they're using this marketing to play to our base and stay in power. They have to turn out the votes,"

---- David Duncan, once a board member of the Lesbian and Gay Congressional Staff Association and a former top aide to Rep. Robert Ney (R-Ohio), who last week pleaded guilty to corruption charges linked to the Abramoff scandal.

And oh by the way, that “Lesbian and Gay Congressional Staff Association”, mentioned in the article, it now boasts over 200 members.

But I do have to thank John for giving me one of the few chuckles I’ve had today:

It never ceases to amaze me how gullible Tony Perkins, James Dobson, Donald Wildmon, Lou Sheldon, and the men at the Concerned Women for America are. Though this does explain why they constantly misinterpret the Bible - fortunately for our side, they're clearly not the smartest bulbs in the waiting line for Heaven.

Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article cracks me up because I know many of these gay Republicans. And there are even some in this article who are not even out to their own families, such as David Duncan. What gives? Not to mention, someone who worked for Congressman Ney, who recently plead guilty for accepting bribes to pass legislation, is probably just as guilty. Maybe we should ask if David was sitting fat and happy with illegal money just as Ney, yet leave his own friends behind who just want equality.