Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm so tired...

I’m so tired of seething.

I’m so tired of feeling hopeless.

I’m so tired of looking in the paper everyday and seeing yet more names added to the list of young men and women killed in a war that was sold to us on false premises and then horribly mismanaged.

I’m so tired of worrying desperately about the direction of this country.

I’m so tired of feeling that my family has been victimized by politicians for political gain.

I’m so tired of feeling embarrassed to say I’m a Christian for fear of conjuring up images of Tom Delay or Jerry Falwell.

I’m so tired of seeing the list of Catholic Church molestation victims continue to grow while the Pope continues to claim the moral authority to declare gays and lesbians intrinsically evil.

I’m so tired of watching the list of corrupt “Party of Values” politicians get longer and longer.

I’m so tired of living in the aftermath of one of the worst Presidents and Congresses ever.

I’m so tired of hypocrites and sanctimonious politicians.

I’m so tired of filthy politics.

I’m so tired of feeling negative and hateful.

I’m so tired of telling my gay son it will be ok, when I have so many doubts that it will be for him.

I’m so tired of hearing people who do not even know my son call him evil.

I’m so tired of feeling like a mother bear ready to rip to shreds anyone who even so much as looks at my son cross-eyed.

I’m just tired.

I think I’ll go back to bed and have a good cry… Could someone please wake me on November 8th with some good news?

Thank you for listening,

Seething Mom

Share

No comments: