Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ahhhh Jimbo’s feelers are hurt…

My my, poor wittow “Jimbo”. He’s smartin (sniff). Seems that big bad ‘ol bully, former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, said some nasty things about Dr. James Dobson (gasp) and hurt his little feelers. Let’s all do a collective little cry – k? (where’s my violin when I need it??)

All dripping sarcasm aside, it seems James Dobson can dish the bullying out, but he sure can’t take it. I find myself standing in an awed disbelief that all this boo-hooing could spill out of a man who has truly raised gay bashing to an art form and a very lucrative one at that. It seems tapping into the inner hate wells of his sheeple has been a gold mine. Hey, don’t knock it --- it’s even bought him unbelievable access into the White House and the coveted privilege of vetting Supreme Court justices to make sure they score on the high end of his hate-the-gay meter. Heck, James Dobson has so successfully instilled the fear of anything “gay” into the hearts of his fellow haters, he’s been able to profit handsomely from it. Who knew bullying could be such a money-maker? Well of course - James Dobson did! And my what an empire (big enough to have its own zip code) he has built on the backs of my son and anyone else unfortunate enough to be gay. And all of it done in the name of “family values” --- oh the irony. Yea sure “Jimbo”, I just can’t imagine why someone would call you a “thug” and a “bully”.

Now, I think I know where you are coming from “Jimbo”. I mean c’mon, Mr. Armey and his Republican Party used you as much as you used my son and millions of other sons and daughters. It was most definitely a “scratch each others back” agreement you had with that “Party of Values” crowd --- wasn’t it? You bash the gays and herd ‘em to the polls to vote Republican and in turn the Republicans pass hateful legislation that effectively deems my son and millions of others second class citizens. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out like you thought it would – did it? They used you – didn’t they? No wonder you are smartin and spitten mad! You got duped, you got used, and now they have the gall to throw salt in your wounds and “demonize” you.

I have one question for you Doc. How does it feel??? You’ll forgive me if I don’t shed any tears for you – won’t you? I need to reserve them for the pain you’ve caused my son and my family.

Hat tip to Andrew.

Share

No comments: