Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dear FORMER SENATOR Rick Santorum

The people of Pennsylvania have spoken out loud and clear. And they are tired of hateful bigots who try and pass off their over-the-top, foam-at-the-mouth wingnuttery as good Christian behavior. And Rick, Pennsylvanians spoke not just for themselves, but for many Americans across the United States as well.

Now Rick, personally speaking, as a mother of a gay son, hearing a very powerful United States Senator like yourself compare my son’s sexual orientation to pedophilia, bestiality, and every other kind of possible perversion that popped into your head was the equivalent of plunging a long serrated knife into my heart and I shall never forgive you for that. Shame on you Rick! That was truly evil.

You are a parent. How could you?? Do you not have one ounce of empathy in your body? Were you so blinded by hate and homophobia that it never occurred to you that gays and lesbians have moms, dads, sisters, brothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends that love them as much as you love your children? Are you that stupid? God I hate what you represented Rick. And I work very hard at not hating you. I actually cried tears of joy last night because Rick Santorum is gone!!!

You did not represent American values Rick, and you certainly do not represent God’s values.

Good bye Rick. I hope I never have to hear your name again! Share

No comments: