Saturday, November 25, 2006

James Dobson is completely full of crap!

James Dobson on Larry King the other night:


I don't blame homosexuals for being angry when people say they've made a choice to be gay because they don't.


It usually comes out of very, very early childhood, and this is very controversial, but this is what I believe and many other people believe, that is has to do with an identity crisis that occurs to early to remember it, where a boy is born with an attachment to his mother and she is everything to him for about 18 months, and between 18 months and five years, he needs to detach from her and to reattach to his father.


It's a very important developmental task and if his dad is gone or abusive or disinterested or maybe there's just not a good fit there. What's he going to do? He remains bonded to his mother and...

What a charlatan! What an evil, horrible man!


It is not bad enough that this pathetic excuse of a human being has made it his life’s work to cause excruciating misery for so many innocent gay and lesbian people (especially the gay children of brain-dead evangelical parents who trust this quack over their own God-given parental intuition), but the old doc is not going to rest until he smears sufficient blame on the parents too.


And Larry King, it’s time for you to retire. What kind of interview was that? This guy hurls all this crazy, whacked-out sh*t at you and you don’t even challenge him on any of it? C’mon Larry. This guy has a lot of influence and power, his words have had some terrible consequences, and you provided him the perfect platform to espouse his hideously crazy theories as fact. Shame on you! I am so angry with you I could spit. And hopefully every parent who has a gay child is as furious with you as I am.


As I have mentioned before, growing up, I was the oldest of 5 children and the only girl. Through absolutely no fault of her own, my mother ended up a single mom when my 4 brothers and I were very small. When my father wasn’t in a mental hospital, he was at home vacillating between violent, crazy spells and catatonic almost comatose states. If ever there was a “poster dad” for the kind of father old Snake oil Dobson describes as being the kind of dad who spawns gay sons, my “abusive”, “disinterested”, and 100% “incapable-of-forming-a-bond with his children” dad was it. But guess what Dobson? Not one of my 4 brothers is gay. In fact they are as heterosexual as they can be.


Now many years later, I am married to a wonderful, stable man. He and I have 3 children together. My husband is an amazing, loving, hands-on dad who was extremely involved and completely “attached” to his kids while they were growing up. And guess what Dobson? One of our sons is GAY, GAY, GAY.


James Dobson’s cruelty knows no bounds. If there is a hell, it most definitely has a special place just for him.


Here is a video clip of this worm with Larry King (if you have the stomach):





Hat tip to the Carpetbagger Report


Share

No comments: