Sunday, November 26, 2006

James Dobson is completely full of crap (Part 2)

As my husband and I were doing dinner dishes today, he looked up from the sink full of dirty pots and pans he was working on and remarked:

“I read your blog today.”

To which I responded:

“Oh?”

To which he said:

“You were pretty ticked off when you wrote that post last night on old Doc Dobson.”

To which I replied:

“You damn straight I was mad. And I’m still furious! God, I’d like a face to face with that old goat. Something tells me he wouldn’t have the courage to say to me what he said to Larry King the other night. How the hell dare him blame parents for their children being gay. How could he be so evil?”

Hubby:

“Well, he’s not worth the energy you’re expending on him. And you’re right, he wouldn’t dare say to you what he said to Larry King the other night. He’s not that stupid.”

Me:

“Something tells me that old goat is too big a coward to ever look any parent of a gay child in the face and say that sh*t, but then why would he when he’s got Larry King, a mic, and an hour of prime time on CNN? And then when he is done twisting the knife in parents' hearts he can run back to the safe confines of his walled compound and hide. What a despicable man he is!”

This little exchange with my husband got me to thinking and I realized that old Doc McQuack really is a coward. Even with Larry King he thought better of finishing up his “blame-the-parents-for-their-kid’s-gayness” theory with this little gem of his:

"The boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard. He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger." (emphasis mine)

How do you think Larry King would have responded to that? My guess is he probably wouldn’t have.

Well here’s my response: James Dobson is completely full of crap!

Share

No comments: