Friday, January 19, 2007

Ok, I got tagged

Well sorta tagged by Pisco

Not so great at this kind of stuff, but here goes:

  1. Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
  2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music.Ave Maria” by Pavarotti
  3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue. Doctor Zhivago
  4. Name a performer for whom you suspend all disbelief. The new James Bond: Daniel Craig
  5. Name a work of art you’d like to live with. I’m going to cheat on this one and say the whole Sistene Chapel is my first answer and Michelangelo's Pietà, in St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican is my second answer. We took our children to Rome in 2003 and in spite of the unbelievable heat (I thought I was going to die), it was still an amazing day.
  6. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life.1984” by George Orwell
  7. Name a punch line that always makes you laugh. This is not really a punch line, but it makes me laugh every time I hear it: “Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!” from Blazing Saddles
Share

1 comment:

Dave said...

Re Daniel Craig: Good on him for taking Ursula Andress's iconic walk out of the sea and making it his own!

I think A Handmaid's Tale is now more likely than 1984. Just a feeling I get.

And my internal pedant wants to say, "The 'badges' quote is originally from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre." My internal pedant really needs to shut up sometimes.

Thanks for playing along!