Thursday, August 09, 2007

Random Thoughts: Fox News, Lobotomies, etc.

I am back. In fact I’ve been back for a little over a week. I don’t know why, but I just wasn’t ready to jump back into it all when I got home. It was so wonderful being away from computers and news for such a prolonged period that I just wasn’t ready for it to end. So I used this past week at home to catch up on doctor’s appointments and various other things that had been on my “to do” list from before we left.


Well, today was a nightmare. I had a doctor’s appointment. He was running waaaay behind. And there I was, stuck in the waiting room with Fox News blaring on a flat screen tee vee in the corner and a bunch of very disgruntled patients, all of them glancing at their watches and sighing these exaggerated sighs meant to send a signal to the poor girl at the receptionist desk that the natives were getting restless.



I too was getting irritable, but more with the damn tee vee than with the poor girl behind the desk. It has been a long time since I have watched Fox News and I now know why. It was an unending loop of pretty women presenting National Enquirer-like stories in a manner that was supposed to “look” like serious news. I felt like I was going to go out of my mind. It took everything in me to keep from getting up and going over there and turning the damn thing off or at least turning it to something more informative, like maybe the food channel. It was beyond unbearable. How do people watch that stuff? I’d rather sit and read the National Enquirer than watch that news station. At least with the National Enquirer I know what I’m getting and I don’t feel like I’m the victim of some kind of bait and switch scheme.


I’m sorry for the rant. This is definitely not the way I wanted to make my re-entrance into things. But there you have it. I’m back. I hate Fox News with a passion. And seeing my kids in Seattle only made me miss them more.


Now back to business… Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The question is, did any of it top this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Rzkypahxcc

Pretty sure that went down while you were away. Personally, I'm torn between justified rage and laughter at how utterly ridiculous the thing is.

-Peace