Sunday, October 28, 2007

That’s it in a nutshell John – thanks for saying it so well

Let me start this post with a big fat thank you to John Cole who gave me my first reason to smile this morning, even though he didn’t mean to. He went into a little rant last night about something Andrew Sullivan posted about yesterday.


Now I bring this up not because I want to discuss the outrage that Andrew posted about (although we should all be furious about this), but because I loved the reaction John had to the outrage. John is a man who has had it with his party and the current state of affairs in this country. I have watched his slow descent into political no-man’s land with a keen eye since it pretty much coincided with my own slow and tortured realization that I too belonged to a party I didn’t recognize nor want anything to do with. And so when John gets angry, it usually coincides with my own barely pent-up fury. But no one can more efficiently put their thoughts into words than John can. He has the uncanny ability to pack into just a few lines what would take me a few pages and hours of unmitigated fury to do. So I will spare myself the agony and nasty emotions I’d have to go through to write anything even half as good as what he writes and just lift his words verbatim since he’s so much more fun to read when he’s angry:


Go fuck yourself. To death.

I am tired of being patient with you nannies and your stupid self-serving rules and your slippery slopes and your bullshit and your need to be tough on crime and your earnest concerns about society. Mind your own business, get your own house in order, stop fucking interns and little boys and cheating on your wives and on your taxes and being found dead wearing two wetsuits with a dildo shoved up your ass. Just mind your own damned business, and let people do what they must to deal with their own screwed up lives, and let people handle their pain the best way they can.

I am sick of the bullshit. Life is hard for most people out there, and damned near impossible for people in chronic pain. Quit making it worse, you allegedly compassionate sons-of-bitches.


See what I mean? Isn’t he wonderful when he’s angry?
Share

No comments: