Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A few quick questions for Senator McCain


In a response to a reporter’s question about gay adoption the other day you said:


“I think that we’ve proven that both parents are important in the success of a family so, no, I don’t believe in gay adoption.”


But then later you clarified your response by saying:


"… that [your] position on gay adoption is that it is a state issue. ...”


Which brings me around to asking two questions:


1. So if you think that it takes two parents, a mom and a dad, to have a successful family, what does that say about you? You were in such a hurry to marry your second wife that you didn’t even wait until you were legally divorced from your first wife before getting married again. Does that mean the status of your first family went from successful to unsuccessful once you dumped your first wife and 3 children?

2. And if you believe that adoption is a state issue, then why are you sticking your nose into California’s Gay Marriage Amendment battle? Shouldn’t you leave that to the state of California to decide?

And while we are on the subject of hypocrites who should probably keep their mouths shut on certain subjects, may I suggest another topic that you should probably run like hell from? I really don’t think I’d say anything about the Sanctity of Marriage OR Family Values if I were you. Dumping one wife and family to marry a new wife and start another family really doesn’t sit well with Americans who actually live Marriage and Family Values every day. When you speak up on these issues, you make yourself as big a laughing stock as David Vitter and Larry Craig. And you don’t want that, do you?


Just sayin…

Share

1 comment:

Jan said...

My daughter in Seattle emailed me about this. Stupid, stupid, stupid.