Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Just when I think it is safe to come out and write again…

Ok, I know I have been completely AWOL when it comes to my blog, and I apologize. I still feel completely paralyzed with worry about the upcoming elections and McCain’s horrific pick for VP certainly didn’t help matters. In fact I am so aghast that words escape me, thus making my writers block even worse.


Have you ever been so full of rage that you cannot even express yourself coherently? Well that’s me right now. Dumbfounded, horrified, scared shitless, speechless, and so angry I feel like I am going to snap.


How could John McCain have picked this woman for vice president? No seriously, how?? This ludicrous pick told me all I needed to know about the man, John McCain. He is not fit to be my neighborhood dog-catcher, much less President of the United State. And that he can use the campaign slogan “Country First” with a straight face throws salt in the wounds of those who really do care about this country.


Now with all due respect to Ms. Palin, I don’t think she is a bad person, but I don’t think she should be one heartbeat away from the most powerful office in the world. And this post isn’t really about Sarah Palin (except for the video clip below), but it has everything to do with John McCain and his ability to make crucial decisions that affect us all (and not just the batsh*t crazy segment of his base). He blew it. He blew it big time. And any respect I might have had for him is gone. This man may have had what it took in 2000 when he ran against George Bush in the GOP primaries, but 8 years of bitterness and rage over his loss to George Bush has obviously caused some major brain damage. No – really – I mean it. What else could explain this sheer act of madness?


Sarah Palin?????? Are you f*ckin kidding me?


May God help us if he/she is elected in November because we will need it.


Me thinks a little twisted humor is really needed right about now, so here goes (oh and hat tip to John Cole – a man who can make me laugh even when I am in the most vile of moods):

See more funny videos at Funny or Die
Share

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm glad you're back. I so agree with you. Thanks for the video.