Friday, November 14, 2008

If the Mormon church can decide who can get married, then why can't the Catholic Church decide who we must vote for?

Hey, if a good little Mormon decides to go rogue and disobey what his church has commandeth, well then he gets fired of course:

I worked for a Mormon-owned CPA firm… I was fired from my job after admitting that I had voted NO on prop 102.[Ed note: 102 is Arizona's hate-filled anti gay marriage amendment]

I was discussing the election on Wednesday with some co workers (who don’t vote) and I asked if you would have voted, what would you have voted on 102? She told me she would have voted no, so I said well at least I’m not the only one on the office that was against it. Then she said wait, what was a no vote for? So I explained 102 to her. She got extremely angry and started saying it was an abomination. So I told her that I had a cousin who was gay that was murdered in a hate crime because he was gay. So I supported it because it was just an equal rights issue. So I just dropped it and didn’t discuss it anymore.

The next day she had a meeting with the owner, and when I came in on Friday they told me that I was being let go. When I asked if it was because of my work performance, the owner said “Let’s just call it a management decision.” I had spoken to the owner just weeks before about the upcoming year and he was telling me he wanted to give me a raise. He had booked me for a tax seminar for the second week of Dec., so I know he was planning on me being employed with him for awhile until this.

But not to be outdone by "those" Mormons, the Catholic Church has decided that if any of their sheeple strays from the church's teachings, well then it's "no communion for you":

A South Carolina Roman Catholic priest has told his parishioners that they should refrain from receiving Holy Communion if they voted for Barack Obama because the Democratic president-elect supports abortion, and supporting him "constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil."

The Rev. Jay Scott Newman said in a letter distributed Sunday to parishioners at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Greenville that they are putting their souls at risk if they take Holy Communion before doing penance for their vote.

"Our nation has chosen for its chief executive the most radical pro-abortion politician ever to serve in the United States Senate or to run for president," Newman wrote, referring to Obama by his full name, including his middle name of Hussein.

"Voting for a pro-abortion politician when a plausible pro-life alternative exits constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil, and those Catholics who do so place themselves outside of the full communion of Christ's Church and under the judgment of divine law. Persons in this condition should not receive Holy Communion until and unless they are reconciled to God in the Sacrament of Penance, lest they eat and drink their own condemnation."

So it is not enough that the Mormon church could reach its tentacles far beyond the walls of it temple and far beyond the borders of the state of Utah and enshrine its bigotry into our state Constitutions, but now we have the Catholic Church actually dictating who we must vote for now.

Enough! Share

No comments: