Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rick Warren???????????? Oh please dear God no



President-elect Barack Obama chose Rick Warren to deliver the invocation at his inauguration???? I am speechless. I am devastated. I feel like I have been stabbed in the heart. And I feel like a world-class idiot fool.

I was actually stupid enough to think that Barack Obama was going to be different and be a president to everyone. I actually thought I was finally going to be able to let go of the seething rage that has been eating me alive for eight long years. I was actually stupid enough to believe that Barack Obama was going to give hateful homophobes like James Dobson (and don't kid yourself, Rick Warren is just as hateful as Dobson, he's just got a better, more moderate way of delivering the hate) their pink slips, take away their bullhorns, and dismantle their bully pulpits. In fact I actually dared to believe that my son had a fairly good chance of being treated with the same dignity and respect that every other American has come to expect and take for granted.

But I was so damn wrong. And I am such a fool. And there is no sense continuing to blather on and on. I am just too devastated, disappointed, and crushed to even care anymore.

I guess the "Yes We Can" bullshit only applies to those who meet the Religious Right standards of normal. Share

No comments: