Saturday, October 30, 2010

Why why why can't this be the face of Christianity

I needed to see this clip right now. I have become so jaded, so cynical, so horrified by what is passing as Christianity today, that if I hear someone say they are a Christian, I literally cringe and start moving away.

I needed this reality check. This beautiful man in the clip below is a reminder that Christianity doesn't have to mean monster. Unfortunately, to so many parents who have a gay child that is exactly what Christianity has come to mean to them.

Share

2 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

You might try these too. The first two are Episcopalians. The last is a Catholic priest:

Bishop Gene Robinson

Father Brian Coleman

Father James Martin, SJ

Seething Mom said...

Thank you for the links. I will post these shortly. I can't think of a better way to put a more loving and Jesus-like face on Christianity.

It's so good to hear from you WD.