Thursday, April 28, 2011

Donald Trump - Old Rich Entitled White Man and Despicable Human Being

I try not to get off topic on this blog too much, but when I saw the video clip below last night I knew I had to post it here. It has shaken me to my core, so much so that I have been vacillating between rage and profound sadness ever since. Watching this man verbalize the pain that Donald Trump has caused him just broke my heart.

I would bet my last dollar that the group of people to whom Donald Trump is so whorishly and opportunistically targeting all his racist, vile birther crap most likely includes many of the same people who also single out my son and his glbt brothers and sisters as "the other" and unworthy of the same rights, dignity, and privileges they are entitled to.

I never thought much about Donald Trump. To me he was just a shallow, entitled, spoiled, and not too bright middle-aged white man whose greatest accomplishment was an accident of birth to the right family, in the right country, with the right father who actually did what Barack Obama had to do, start with nothing, work hard, and make something of himself in spite of the odds. But now I know that it is not the complete picture. Donald Trump is also cruel loser.

I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes of fame at the expense of a huge segment of our society. A segment that has been taking shit from complete losers like Donald Trump for far too long.

I can only hope that when this all over, Donald Trump is treated like the cruel, ugly joke he has proved himself to be.

The author of this video is Baratunde Thurston and here is what he had to say about why he made this video:

It was during my viewing of this video [Trump’s remarks in New Hampshire] that I began to cry. I thought of my ancestors, both direct and collective, who had fought and died so that I might be treated as an American. I then thought of this fetid, smug, hate-filled, wealthy white man taking credit for the release and yet still not being satisfied. It does not matter how long we’ve been in these United States. We will never be American.
So, tears in my eyes, pain in my heart and rage in my soul, I composed this video message. More than written text, it comes close to expressing my full pain at witnessing a white man who was handed everything call the President of the United States (and me) a nigger.



Share

No comments: