Monday, June 13, 2011

She graduated!

We are in Seattle enjoying some of the finest, most beautiful weather in the country. But the weather is not the only reason we are here in Washington. Yesterday we got to see our daughter, the "baby" of the family, graduate from college. It was a big day. It was also the first time in 5 years that our whole family has been together. The last time we were all together was at our oldest son's graduation, just before he left for Ukraine and a 2 1/2 year commitment in the Peace Corps. So I am one happy momma right now and there will be no seething today or the next 4-5 days.

So because blogging will continue to be light for a few days, I will let Dan Savage speak for me on something that I often find myself guilty of doing: conflating all Christians with hateful, anti-gay bigots. Dan reminds us that there are good progressive, loving Christians who do not hate gays, but it is they who must step forward and take back Christianity from the homophobes and haters who have dirtied its image and made it so unrecognizable I don't believe Jesus would even claim it . And until they do, Christianity will continue to have it's image dirtied by the likes of frauds like Tony Perkins, Maggie Gallagher, and Donald Wildman. So step up progressive Christians -- please, I beg of you.



    
Share

No comments: