Sunday, July 10, 2011

Michele and Marcus Bachmann want to pray away the gay, I say we need to pray away them

I have gone back and forth on whether to post the South Park clip below. And in the end, I decided I should, but with the warning that it could be very upsetting to some of the people who visit this blog. I must confess it was upsetting to me. But I decided that in spite of my worries, it is important and relevant, so I definitely should post it.

We have a woman, Michele Bachmann, who has decided to run for President of the United States. And she is doing well enough, and getting enough attention from the right groups of constituents, that I have come to believe she actually could win the Republican primary. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think it would be wise for any of us to underestimate this woman. It could be a mistake we regret big time, especially those of us who have glbt children, and even more especially our glbt children.

Michele Bachmann has never made any secret of her feelings about our glbt children. She hates them and she justifies that hatred with what some of us believe are some pretty twisted religious beliefs. And now that she has made it official and we know she is running, there has been a brighter spotlight put not just on her, but her husband. And this has given us an opportunity to really see who this potential "first dude" is. And it is pretty damn scary. I honestly didn't think it was possible, but this guy might be a bigger horror show than his very homophobic and crazy wife.

According to ThinkProgress LGBT:

An undercover investigation from a staff member of the organization Truth Wins Out has revealed that the clinic run by Dr. Marcus Bachmann, husband of Republican presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann, is providing discredited “ex-gay” reparative therapy. Dr. Marcus Bachmann has been under intense scrutiny in recent weeks, after a ThinkProgress report documenting his past comments referring to gays as ”barbarians” and an NBC News reportthat revealed Bachmann and Associates had taken $137,000 in federal Medicaid funds over the past five years despite Michele Bachmann’s strident anti-government stance.   
We need to know what we are up against with these two people. They are both nightmares when it comes to our glbt children's futures. And from what we are now learning, Dr. Marcus Bachmann is more than just a nightmare for our glbt children, he is a deluded, cruel and dangerous man who is doing great harm to our glbt children and doing it with our g.d tax dollars. These two people must be stopped in their tracks, and yesterday is not soon enough.

Via The Dish:


Share

No comments: