Back in 2003, then president, George W. Bush, was running for a second term on a platform that included a gay marriage ban, which was cosponsored by Senator David Vitter. This bill would have amended the U.S. Constitution and denied millions of law-abiding, tax-paying gay and lesbian Americans from getting married to the person they love. And Vitter was one of the 10 original sponsors of this nasty Federal Marriage Amendment. This was nothing more than a blatant and callous political strategy to whip up their far-right religious base into a frothy frenzy pretty much guaranteeing a good turn out at the polls and four more years of George W. Bush and his disastrous policies.
Now I know you are thinking to yourselves that this is nothing new for Republican politicians and you'd be right. But ... this is David Vitter we are talking about. When he was not waxing on about the "Sanctity of Marriage", he was bloviating ad nauseam about "Family Values", all while he was frequenting the DC Madam's prostitution service and the high-priced Canal Street brothel back in his home town. And it also came out that sex with prostitutes was not enough for Mr. Sanctimonious, he also like his home-town girls to make him wear diapers while doing the dirty deed. And if all of this is not enough, now there are rumors that Senator Sanctimonious may have fathered a love-child with one of his hometown prostitutes - not confirmed yet, but hey, where there's smoke there's fire.
So now on to the ad. It is short, it is brutal, and as John Cole noted on his blog, John Bel Edwards just opened a can of whoop-ass on Diaper Dave Vitter:
- Oh Senator David Vitter, do you really want to go there?
- Anthony Weiner has resigned, now it's Senator (diaper) David Vitter's turn
- Dear Senator David Vitter
- Another Sanctimonious Republican Hypocrite Caught with his Pants Down
- Not even God is going to be able to save this Republican Party
- Anthony vs David or why I'm heartbroken about Anthony, but furious about David
- Hey Louisiana, do you really want to re-elect this sanctimonious fraud?
- Show me, don’t tell me