Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Qualities I admire in Men (just my humble opinion)

I have always admired men who:

  • think nothing of proudly walking a 4 lb dog in the park or to the neighborhood mailbox.
  • openly support gay rights and don’t need to tell gay jokes to assure everyone that they are a manly man.
  • are not only NOT threatened by a woman’s success (especially a special woman in their life), but actually flaunt it with pride.
  • whose pride for their son does not diminish or disappear upon finding out their son is gay.
  • can show emotion and not consider it a sign of weakness.
  • cry every time they watch the movie Little Women.
  • understand that using brute force is not always the best way.
  • may give the impression of being passive and meek, but who would not hesitate to use deadly force if someone they love is threatened in any way.
  • don’t claim to have all of the answers.
  • can laugh at themselves.
  • can admit when they are wrong and say I am sorry.
In my opinion these are attributes of a real man. And that is why I love my husband so much. Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one lucky (fortunate) person to have a man like that in your life. Likewise, he's fortunate to have a partner that sees and appreciates it.