Thursday, December 14, 2006

How could you James Dobson?

MY GOD James Dobson, is your hatred for gays and lesbians so intense and so all-consuming that even your so-called Christian Values are disposable when you see a chance to go for the jugular of people you hate? Did TIME magazine hand you an opportunity that you just could not pass up, no matter the cost?

The lies! The bald-faced lies! I just cannot believe it. You maligned and smeared so many innocent families and used the research of good and honest people to do it! How could you? How the hell do you sleep at night? How the hell do you live with yourself? How do you reconcile your Christianity with your sinful behavior?

Really, are you that desperate to hurt and damage gays and lesbians that you would sacrifice everything you tell people you represent to achieve your goals? It is of course a rhetorical question since you pretty much answered it when you wrote and submitted that total piece of garbage article titled “Two Mommies Is One Too Many” to TIME magazine.

Your piece in TIME magazine is so full of distortions and outright lies and I knew it the minute I read it, but I figured you’d simply found some hate-filled, homophobic, pseudo-researchers like Dr. Paul Cameron who were willing to supply you with whatever statistics you needed to back up the lies you’d included in the TIME magazine article. But now I find out that you actually stole the work of honest researchers and distorted their findings to meet your own horrible goals.

Doesn’t it bother you that Dr. Kyle Pruett, M.D wrote you a letter accusing you of distorting his work and stating in part:

You cherry-picked a phrase to shore up highly (in my view) discriminatory purposes. This practice is condemned in real science, common though it may be in pseudo-science circles. There is nothing in my longitudinal research or any of my writings to support such conclusions. On page 134 of the book you cite in your piece, I wrote, “What we do know is that there is no reason for concern about the development or psychological competence of children living with gay fathers. It is love that binds relationships, not sex.”

Or that New York University educational psychologist Carol Gilligan, PhD wrote you a letter also slamming you for stealing and distorting her work and stating in part:

I am writing to ask that you cease and desist from quoting my research in the future. I was mortified to learn that you had distorted my work this week in a guest column you wrote in Time Magazine. Not only did you take my research out of context, you did so without my knowledge to support discriminatory goals that I do not agree with. What you wrote was not truthful and I ask that you refrain from ever quoting me again and that you apologize for twisting my work.

James Dobson you are one sad pathetic human being. Anyone that would go to the extremes that you have gone to smear a whole segment of our society has got to have some deeply rooted problems. You need help. You need God’s forgiveness. You need to come clean on why you really hate gays.

And shame on you, TIME magazine for taking this fraud’s article and publishing it without even checking the accuracy first. I know I won’t be so quick to trust your publication again.

You can read about the two scientists whose work James Dobson stole and distorted here and here.


And of course, hat tip to John at AMERICAblog for always staying on top of these frauds and calling them on their outright dishonesty.

Share

No comments: