Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dear Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council




I see you are uploading bunches of videos of people who have strong opinions on whether gay children or leaders should be allowed in the Boy Scouts. But funny thing about all those videos on your website, they all express the very same view. Gay children and leaders are evil, weak, predatory and would spell the end of the Boy Scouts as we know it. Straight children and leaders - are physically strong, morally straight and Godly thus keeping the Boy Scouts clean and pure.

As the mother of 3 children, 2 of them boys who joined the BSA in the first grade and stayed with it until they both achieved Eagle, I am very disappointed that you do not have anyone in any of those videos who represents the feelings of my family and the many, many like mine.

Why don't the opinions of our families count Tony? After all, you call your organization "The Family Research Council" and yet, you seem to be only interested in the opinion of families like the one in this video:



What Tony, did one of the "Fruits of my Womb" (no pun intended), disqualify my family from ever being considered to make a clip for your "Family" organization?

Now I know the family in the above clip beats our family all to hell what-with its Quiver Full of 10 to my 3. But good Lord Tony, the amount of ignorance and hate being vomited out of the mouths of those parents is downright terrifying and should be grounds for some birth control or at the very least disqualification for ever speaking on behalf of any family.

These parents are horrible, hateful role models and yet, you Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, an organization that pretends to advocate for families, chose these people to represent your organization?

And I am sure you know Tony, that with 7 of their 10 children being boys, they have a statistically significant chance that one of their beloved sons might be gay. My heart breaks at the thought that one of those children could be struggling right now with their sexual orientation as mom and dad sit their in all their glorious faux sanctimony and spew all that ugliness. If nothing else, that is child abuse to be pounding into their psyches such ugly homophobia. I don't pray often Tony, but I pray for those poor children.

And what a hoot listening to manly daddy making the argument that you gotta be "physically strong" to walk so many miles to achieve the hiking merit badge, insinuating that those wimpy gays can't possibly keep up. Well daddy beefcakes, I have news for you, my gay son walked circles around most of the leaders and kids in his troop when they hiked 50 miles in Yosemite for 3 days. He sports his hiking merit badge with pride.

Well Tony, I don't know why I get so worked up. I have known for years what you are really all about and it ain't families. You earned that "Hate Group" rating from the Southern Poverty Law Center quite honestly. Probably the only honest thing you have ever done in your life.

   
Share

2 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I'd love to see that "manly daddy" tell THIS guy that he's not "physically strong"....

Chris Morgan, current Gay Games and World Powerlifting champion, sets new British and World strength records in Deadlift.

And, at the risk of being sinfully snarky, every time I see some ostensibly straight man who is obsessed with the need to shove gay men back into the closet, I always think "Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much..." ;-)

Seething Mom said...

I couldn't agree more.