Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yup It’s Either A Cave Or A Closet

Well someone else is shocked at Mary Cheney’s complete cluelessness:

I'm sorry, but this is pathetic:

KING: On domestics -- what's the rule -- what's the law in Virginia?

CHENEY: Actually I'm not sure what the law is in Virginia. I should know that.

KING: Does your partner have -- if you're in the hospital, god forbid, does your partner have rights?

CHENEY: My partner and I have living wills, regular wills, powers of attorney, everything that quite honestly any couple married or not should have.

I have no personal issues with Mary Cheney. But, really. She lives in a state which has gone through a wrenching debate these past few years over the rights of gay couples, and has passed the most draconian law imaginable designed to curtail and destroy all the legal documents she says she has. And she is utterly unaware of this debate, let alone attempting to do something about it. Sad.

I guess I am not the only one asking:

Good God girl, are you really that insulated and removed from the reality that your gay and lesbian brethren face everyday?

I guess the answer is yes if your daddy is the Vice President of the United States. Pathetic!

Hat tip to Andrew Share

No comments: