Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I feel better now

Ok, I admit it, I was heartbroken when I learned President Elect Obama had asked Rick Warren to deliver the invocation at his inauguration, so it is only fitting that I post this:

President-elect Barack Obama has asked Bishop Gene Robinson, the openly gay Episcopal bishop who helped advise him on gay rights issues during the campaign, to deliver the invocation at a kickoff inaugural event on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, two days before the inauguration itself.

The move was seen among many gay advocates an antidote to Mr. Obama’s decision to give the Rev. Rick Warren, a prominent megachurch pastor from California who opposes gay marriage, the high-profile role of giving the invocation at the inaugural ceremonies on Jan. 20.


Thank you Barack Obama, this seething momma feels a little better now. Share

No comments: