Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Huge victory in California! Prop 8 is unconstitutional.

All I can say is THANK YOU Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals for that oh-so wonderful ruling and victory #2.

And as is expected after such a momentous victory. There is just a ton of hub-bub and chatter on the internet and t.v. today. Unfortunately, I have been unable to fully revel in it all, there is just too much going on in my life right now. But worst of all, I cannot sit down and completely immerse myself in the anti-gay crowd's full-blown misery. And dang that really stinks!

But as usual, Joe. My. God. is doing a yeoman's job of covering it all. So give him a visit and enjoy the stay. He is in his blogging glory and seems to be doing a fine job of immersing himself in the anti-gay crowd's misery, even if I can't right now.

The thing that's toughest for me is not being able to watch the people at NOM, the AFA, the FRC, the Catholic Church, the Mormon Church, and every other hateful organization dedicated to demeaning and dehumanizing gays and lesbians as they suffer the pain and humiliation of this of loss. I just wish I could sit in front of my computer and watch them tremble with the same kind of seething rage I have been feeling since I found out my son was gay in 2003 and realized these heathens existed only to make life miserable for him. I want to revel in their anger and agony of defeat. I want them to feel neutered, impotent, and completely powerless like they thought they were making the glbt community feel. And yes, I want them to suffer as much as they have caused our gay and lesbian children and the people who love them to suffer. And if that sounds horrible and mean - it's meant to. These people are hateful scum and they deserve nothing more than our scorn and hate. To say I have been dreaming of this day is an understatement. And like an addict, I am going to need another fix and then another one after that, and then another one after that, and then ... well you get the picture.

Am I mean and cruel? Am I uncivilized and nasty? When it comes to these sanctimonious frauds - yes I am. And guess what?  I don't care. I am over the moon with joy and happiness and part of that joy and happiness is seeing them get a taste of the agony they have cause so many. And I do not give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of me. In fact I hope they hate me as much as they hate my gay son. That would be a badge of honor I'd wear proudly.

I have never claimed to be a moral, holier-than-thou, god-botherer. I have only claimed to be a mom who loves her gay son no matter who he loves. And the nasty, evil haters that stand in his way of having the same rights as everyone else are my mortal enemies.

But enough of my nasty, spiteful incivility - even though I am having way too much fun. I also want to talk about a hero in this story and that is Rob Reiner - one of the main players in this successful Prop 8 repeal saga. He made this happen. And we owe him a huge debt of gratitude. And Stephanie Miller had him on her radio show today to discuss the huge victory that happened in California yesterday.

After Prop 8 passed in 2008 and stripped California gays and lesbians of the right to marry, Mr. Reiner emerged as a huge and extremely supportive voice for marriage equality and the repeal of Prop 8. And he backed that supportive voice with money - a whole lot of it. In fact, he is the main financial backer behind this fight, and he is the person responsible for recruiting the big name attorneys that have been fighting this battle from the beginning.

Listen and enjoy:

Rob Reiner Talks About The Repeal Of Prop 8 on The Stephanie Miller Show 2-8-12 by RadioGuyChris

gotta go ... 
Share

No comments: