Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ugh Arizona - Really?


Went to visit my mom yesterday and in the span of the 20-25 minutes it took me to get there, I saw three cars with bumper stickers or magnets that just made me sigh.

How's this for a big F.U. to our founding fathers, who so wanted a separation of church and state?


And I have no idea what to say about this one, but I have been seeing it a lot and strangely enough, it is always in the town of Paradise Valley. I have no explanation for that:


And then there is this one. It definitely takes the prize for Arizona crazy, which I confess is hard to do. I happened to be in the parking lot of a Walgreens drugstore in Scottsdale when I saw it and I just could not help myself. I had to see who this classless, racist, and shameless person was. And believe me, I had to be a bit deranged myself for wanting to stand out there in the 115 degrees of heat and humidity. When the car's owner finally shuffled out, I felt a twinge of sadness and regret and my disgust and anger melted away (along with my makeup). The man had to be at least 90 years old, was quite disabled, and needed a walker to barely get around. I have no idea why my anger dissipated at the sight of this little old guy, but it did and I quietly got back into my car and went to visit my own beloved mom who taught me that racism and homophobia are truly retched behaviors.


Share

No comments: