Friday, January 13, 2012

WHAT FANTASTIC NEWS FOR MINNESOTA

Jeff Wilfahrt, father of fallen soldier Cpl Andrew Wilfahrt, and hero to all
who believe in marriage equality for everyone.
JEFF WILFAHRT IS RUNNING FOR A SEAT IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES!!!!! Sorry for the shouting, but I've misplaced my bullhorn and the mountaintop I use to shout amazing news like this. And I also want to apologize for being so late in reporting this so please forgive me. I received an email the other day from the man himself, Jeff Wilfahrt,  announcing his plans to run for the MN House of Representatives in the fall of 2012 on the DFL ticket. From his email:


I am running on DFL ticket. To that end I declare myself fiscally conservative and socially progressive.

To the first point I offer the following evidence. We own our home free and clear. We put two of our children through college debt free. Aside from the revolving door of taxation we owe no one. In our leanest years we went without to achieve those ends.

To the second point; as you are aware last year in 2011 we lost our eldest son to an IED in Afghanistan. Had the GOP not put forward the Marriage Amendment for the 2012 ballot many of you would not know my name nor would you be receiving this beg letter.
And his political philosophy: 

My core philosophy is a paraphrase of the Wellstone statement; “Everyone does better when everyone does better.” We achieve the best of that through governance.

I believe in Government. It is what binds us as a society. It serves a critical function across the spectrum of our daily lives.
I believe in Labor, as in unionized. If you have benefits and the weekend off, thank the labor movement in this country in years gone by.
I believe in Education. To the point of boredom I have told our children that by definition half the population is below average (the ‘mean’ for you technocrats) and that our only hope is to raise the average.

I am definitely prochoice on the issue of abortion.
I am definitely supportive of the long overdue Equal Rights Amendment in the state constitution.
I am definitely supportive of a resolution to establish fairness on the issue of immigrants and their status.

I oppose the notion that government is our kitchen table and bound the trite idea that we must live within our means. Government to me is the lever by which we will lift ourselves upward and outward from this morass we are in.
I oppose Photo ID. As put more succinctly by others, this is a solution looking for a problem.
I oppose the marriage amendment.
I oppose the requirement of a super majority for tax increases.

Should you like to contribute to this terrific candidate's campaign, you can mail your check to:
 
12707 Chinchilla Ave
Rosemount, MN 55068


You are allowed to donate in any amount up to and not exceeding $250 per individual. The initial balance is $500, comprising $250 each from my wife and me.

Jeff and Lori Wilfahrt are huge heroes in my book and they are just what the Minnesota state legislature needs to get Minnesota back to the grand state I will always love and treasure. So out with the bad (buh-bye Minnesota Senate Majority Leader, adulterer, and Family Values Fraud, Amy Koch) and in with the good (hello Champion of marriage equality and dignity for all Minnesotans-straight or gay, Jeff Wilfahrt).

Related:
And there is no shortage of anti-gay hate going on in my beloved Minnesota either
"Andrew’s Round Table" aims to defeat MN marriage amendment
Minnesota DFL: In All Its Different Forms...Family Is About Love
Of loaves and fishes by Jeff Wilfahrt
Minnesota Poll: 55% oppose ban on gay marriage
MINNESOTA: Openly Gay State Sen. Scott Dibble: What problem are we trying to solve here?
Another Minnesota Politician and Hero
Dear Minnesota,
Thank you Jeff and Lori Wilfahrt, your son would be so proud
Revisiting my Minnesota days and hoping that Minnesota doesn't lose what sets it apart from states like Arizona
A heartfelt letter of apology from the MN gay community to recently resigned Republican Senate Majority Leader, Amy Koch
DADT Cannot End Soon Enough!
Rachel Maddow Puts A Spotlight On Minnesota's Anti-Gay Marriage Constitutional Amendment And The Heroes In This Fight
CNN: Soldier leaves legacy much larger than 'he was gay'








Share

No comments: